Re: Ansett NZ 1995 DH8 crash

From:         Peter Dowden <peter@ernest.otago.ac.nz>
Date:         05 Nov 96 04:13:54

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, michael keenan wrote:

> <info about CVRs, etc., snipped>
>
> I don't know anything about this crash. Do you have any information on the
> circumstances?

No! :-)
I don't have much memory of the exact details, like the date of the
crash. The DH8 hit the Tararua Ranges on approach to Palmerston North
Airport. Initial eyewitness accounts suggest the pilots attempted to
crash-land the craft, ie it didn't simply bang into the mountain. I think
the pilots died, most  or all of the pax survived. My post was about the
court case, not the crash: I'm sorry I can't help out much with the
crash. By the way, the court case is stuck over something at the moment,
there's no progress.

Peter