Ryanair 737's to be flying billboards

From:         John Harvie <John_Harvie@firefly.net>
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:35

I read today that Jaguar is paying an estimated 100,000 pounds to have its
leaping "big cat" mascot painted on the fuselages of 11 Ryanair 737's.
Ryanair said it was the first British airline to follow the lead of American
carriers that had made their aircraft into "flying billboards." Anyone know
which US airlines are doing this, who's paying to advertise there, and is it
catching on? I am hoping that airline fleets don't become like Boston's city
buses, painted over to look like giant donut boxes, pay phones, movie
posters, etc.....

John Harvie, Firefly Network, Inc.,  visit: http://www.firefly.com
17 Sellers Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, 617.234.5479, Fax 234.5414
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. :)