Lockheed TriStar 200

From:         Ex aero scientia <11JBUSENBARK@gallua.gallaudet.edu>
Date:         10 Feb 96 15:12:15

I was recently on a red-eye flight with DL from SEA to ATL.  A 1011 was used
for this flight.  After getting the registration number of the aircraft, which
was N724DA, I looked in my Commercial Airliner Production Checklist and found
that this certain tristar was delivered in '78 and converted from an L-1011-1
to an L-1011-200 in 1980.

I'm aware of the -1, -250 and the -500 series, but the 200 variant is new to
me.  Can any of you shed some light on the technics of this one?  What
modifications were made, and for what purpose(s) and advantage(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Jackson D. Busenbark
Gallaudet University
Washington, D.C.