Re: ETOPS

From:         john1082@aol.com (John1082)
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:35

>I distinctly recall that one of the arguments for choosing
>the 747 to replace the old US Presidential fleet, was" the
>additional security of a 4 engined airplane".

>just wondering: were they skeptical or ignorant?

Both

Actually, with entourage that accompanies the President, the additional
comms required, the desire for a small dispensary and the "prestige and
granduer" factor that goes along with a 747, there really wasn't much
discussion.

Form a logistical standpoint, the DC-10 would have made more sense because
we have approximately 50 in the fleet as the KC-10.

John Gezelius
Alexandria, VA