Re: ETOPS

From:         barr@nilenet.com (Keith Barr)
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:34
Followups:    1 2 3 4

Charles Platt <cp@panix.com> wrote:
>I was told by a 747 captain that he could continue a takeoff on two
>engines. But even if this is untrue, if an ETOPS plane loses two engines
>on takeoff, it's in MUCH DEEPER trouble, wouldn't you say?

Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of multiple, simultaneous,
unrelated, turbine engine failures above V1?  It seems to me that if you
have two engines die, no matter how many you have, they are all likely to go.
--
Keith Barr                                     COMM AS&MEL/IA/A&IGI AERO/EIT
barr@aerosys-eng.com                               AeroSys Engineering, Inc.

Newsgroups: sci.aeronautics.airliners