Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

From:         Jean-Francois Bosc <bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr>
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:32

rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett) writes:

> Jean-Francois Bosc <bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr> writes:
> >Once again probably some totally independant and unbiased point of view. If I
> >had to choose in which type of aircraft not to set foot, I would probably be
> >more worried by the amazing number of Boeing crashes during the last few years,
> >which were generally caused by technical failures, or remain unexplained ...
>
> Perhaps that's just a tad more honest than blaming every crash on "pilot
> error" and washing hands of any further need for investigation.
>
> Lastly: I would  suggest that any Euronationalist apologist who is tempted
> to respond to this or any other post on the book just read the thing.  It's
> a remarkable piece of work, not least in the fact that it got
> published.

May I connect the fact that 99% of the contributors on this group are American
with the other fact that comments appearing in "Airbus vs Boeing" threads are
often single-sided, and sometimes obviously biased ?

My (limited) "technical" knowledge comes down to this : airlines still buy
Airbus and ATR, which seems to indicate that they are run by idiots. Quite
surprisingly however, these airlines usually don't collapse shortly after
making such a bad move. Even more surprisingly, as far as I know the number of
Airbus or ATR crashes is not particularly high.

However, if some "USnationalist" can provide me with clear significant stats
showing that I should better not set foot on a European aircraft, I'd be glad
to support the comment I was replying to, and advice all my friends and
relatives to carefully select only all-Boeing airlines.

Sincerely,

JF

--
Jean-Francois Bosc (bosc@eis.enac.dgac.fr)