Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

From:         s_odle@earthlink.net (Scott Odle)
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:32

In article <airliners.1996.2176@ohare.Chicago.COM>, rdd@netcom.com says...
>>Basing you decision on a book is very shortsighted.
>
>Yeah, all it indicates is that someone did their homework and went through
>a careful reasoning process.  Can't have that.  Better to get it off the
>cartoonish reality of the 6 o'clock news.  Ah, a patch was developed.
>That's the end of that!  No need for additional oversight.

Was the author or you directly involved in the modification the you call a
patch. Don't bother to answer because I know the answer is that you were
not. I know this since I work in a ACO that was directly involved in the
approval of the modification. A careful reasoning process is no match for
extensive  ground and flight tests under very controlled conditions.

So you can make all the claims you want about it just being a patch, but
that still won't make your comments or the authors claims any more factual.
If you don't bother (and from your posts it appears you did not even think
about trying) to substantiate his or your so-called claims before citing it
as fact, the only thing that you accomplish is to tarnish your own
credibility.