Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

From:         "McElravy" <cpa1@penn.com>
Date:         28 Oct 96 03:06:32

>Once again probably some totally independant and unbiased point of view.
>If I had to choose in which type of aircraft not to set foot, I would
>probably be more worried by the amazing number of Boeing crashes during
>the last few years, which were generally caused by technical failures, or
>remain unexplained ..

The number of crashes by an aircraft maker is not as relevant as whether
they are all triggered by related causes. Besides, when your products make
up over 50% of the total world fleet, statistically you are going to have
more crashes. If you compare 3000+ 737s to about 300 (I have no idea what
this number should be: just a guess) DC-10s then you should have an idea
that the DC-10 is (as Karl calls them) a death crate and the 737 is a
quality product.

								Evan McElravy
								cpa1@penn.com