Re: Sterile Cockpit ????

From:         jwizardc@aol.com (JWizardC)
Date:         21 Oct 96 13:31:40

     The sterile cockpit is mostly a response to the FAA/CAA/NTSB et al,
who insist on recording every word said in the cockpit of our airplanes.
     The rule simply states that from Engine Start/Pushback until 10,000'
(some use 20,000') and from the same altitude until engine shutdown, no
conversation is to take place on the flight deck that dosen't directly
relate to the safety of flight.      Since the voice recorders only record
30 min of time, that is usually good enough to make sure we don't get
harrassed (sp?) for talking about the ball game or whatever.
TheFNG