Re: Canadian Airlines wins YVR to HKG via Russia-China Routes

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         21 Oct 96 02:29:21

>I think you will find all the NOPAC airlines will be using the route
>shortly.  Especially HKG to JFK or ORD or even YYZ.

I was surprised that Canadian was the "first" to use this route, since
United uses it for their ORD-HKG non-stop.  I doubt you'll be seeing
this route used for JFK-HKG anytime soon, though, as that's another
300 miles more than ORD-HKG, which already is pushing the limits of
the 747-400.  With the A340-8000 or 747-500X, it should be no problem
at all, but those are still a few years off.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com