Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

From:         Jean-Francois Bosc <bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr>
Date:         21 Oct 96 02:29:19

pboswell@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Peter Boswell) writes:

> I just finished reading Stephen Frederick's "Unheeded Warning: the inside
> story of American Eagle Flight 4184," and was wondering if the French
> manufacturer of the ATR-42 and ATR-72, Aerospatiale, is part of the
> consortium which builds the Airbus series?  Frederick's analysis of
> Aerospatiale's continued denials of problems with the ATR's performance in
> icing conditions is chilling enough to persuade me never to set foot in an
> ATR.  If the same company is connected with the Airbus, I would be very
> cautious about travelling again in one of those, too.

Once again probably some totally independant and unbiased point of view. If I
had to choose in which type of aircraft not to set foot, I would probably be
more worried by the amazing number of Boeing crashes during the last few years,
which were generally caused by technical failures, or remain unexplained ...

JF

--
Jean-Francois Bosc (bosc@eis.enac.dgac.fr)
Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile