Re: A3XX vs B747-600

From:         Joseph Edward Nemec <nemecj@mit.edu>
Date:         21 Oct 96 02:29:18

McElravy wrote:

> Continuing on this megastring, the Boeing web page now has computerized,
> photographic images of the new 747s in the collage on its main page. The
> -500 (or maybe its the -600; which ever one is the increased capacity
> version) is fantastic looking. The length of the fuselage is finally in
> reasonable proportion with the width and height, resulting in a more
> 777-like appearance. Great looking-check it out.

They are gone now from the homepage, but the section on specifications
for commercial aircraft has the specs for the 747-500X and -600X.

I also just read on clarinews that Malaysia airlines has effectively
announced that they will be the launch customer for the 747-500X. They
have apparantly decided to order 6 of the -500Xs.

In more Boeing news, the Wall Street Journal reported that USAir is
contemplating buying 120 new aircraft to consolodate their aircraft
family, and Boeing is ahead in the bidding.

--
Joseph Edward Nemec
nemecj@mit.edu