Re: Over wing fuel leak

From:         "David K. Cornutt" <cornutt@hiwaay.net>
Date:         21 Oct 96 02:29:17

In article <airliners.1996.2075@ohare.Chicago.COM> alain arnaud,
ecla@world.std.com writes:
>Last week I was on a UA757 LAX to BOS. About 90mn in the flight we got
>diverted into Denver due to an over the wing fuel leak. The fuel cap
>seal was defective and fuel was leaking from the tank.

I read somewhere in an article about the 777 that these top-of-wing
gravity fuel fill caps were omitted on that plane, precisely for
this reason.  Apparently, the launch customers requested it,
saying that they never use these anymore anyway.

---
David K. Cornutt, Residentially Engineered, Huntsville, AL
email: cornutt@hiwaay.net
I'm a rocket scientist.  I know the difference between an
increase and a decrease.