Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         12 Oct 96 21:34:31

>I ... was wondering if the French manufacturer of the ATR-42 and
>ATR-72, Aerospatiale, is part of the consortium which builds the
>Airbus series?

ATR (Avions Transports Regionalle) aircraft are built by a consortium
of France's Aerospatiale and Italy's Alenia, each of which own 50% of
the enterprise.

The same Aerospatiale holds a 37.9% share of the Airbus Industrie
consortium.  (Daimler-Benz Aerospace Airbus also holds 37.9% while
British Aerospace holds 20% and Spain's CASA the remaining 4.2%.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com