Re: An unscientific survey (Airbus vs Boeing) [Long]

From:         mezei_jf@eisner.decus.org (Jean-Francois Mezei)
Date:         10 Jan 96 02:01:43
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5 6

In article <airliners.1996.7@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Andrew Chuang <chuanga@iia2.org> writes:
> In this and other related newsgroups, most people seem to like Boeing's
> planes much better than Airbus's.  Since these newsgroups are dominated by
> US audience, I was curious whether people from other parts of the world
> share the same view.

Since Airbus has about 30% of the market (approx), it should be expected that
the "public opinion" might follow these numbers more or less. Hence, you might
expect about 70% of airline employees to prefer Boeing.

As well, asking a 747-400 captain for his opinion on the smaller Airbus planes
is perhaps not 100% fair. Asking a 737 captain to compare a 320 would be more
fair.