Over wing fuel leak

From:         ecla@world.std.com (alain arnaud)
Date:         12 Oct 96 02:36:01

Last week I was on a UA757 LAX to BOS. About 90mn in the flight we got
diverted into Denver due to an over the wing fuel leak. The fuel cap
seal was defective and fuel was leaking from the tank. A passenger noticed that
there was a liquid streaming from the trailing edge of the wing, he notified
the flight attendent, and after separate inspection by the crew the captain
decided to divert.

We were met on the runway by multiple fire engines and other vehicles. We
stopped at the end of the taxiway for an inspection before heading to the gate.

The repair took about 30mn and then we were back on our way.