Re: Great Circle mapper

From:         jahlstro@cisco.com (John Ahlstrom)
Date:         12 Oct 96 02:35:55

In article <airliners.1996.1836@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:
>In May, 1994, Terry Drinkard started a thread on Really Long Range
>Commercial Transports.  That sent me scurrying for my atlas and to
>find an equation for computing great circle distances, and was the
>genesis of a much larger project -- not just to compute distances
>along a great circle route, but to show them on a map.

I have seen (in a restaurant!) a large number of maps each of which
was centered on a major world city and any straight line form which
was a great circle.
   Does anyone know where I can buy such maps?
   Does anyone know of any PC or workstation software that generates
     such maps?

Thanks

--
John Ahlstrom			jahlstrom@cisco.com
408-526-6025			Using Java to Decrease Entropy

   Any neural system sufficiently complex to generate the axioms
   of arithmetic is too complex to be understood by itself.
                                       Kaekel's Conjecture