Re: Undercarriage retraction on the ground

From:         roger@concord-world-travel.co.uk (Roger Chung-Wee)
Date:         10 Oct 96 11:29:26

On 08 Oct 96 13:00:10 , petercoe@best.com (Peter Coe) wrote:

>I was catching up on my backlog of magazines at the weekend, and in
>one of them was a short news piece about a 747 that was getting wheeled
>out of BA's Cardiff maintenance facility, when someone inadvertently
>retracted the undercarriage.  The result was $1million repair charge.

It was a 747 operated by Orly-based CORSAIR (SS).  What made the whole
incident worse was the fact that it took place right in front of
assembled SS executives.

My recollection is that it took several hours before BA was able to
raise the aircraft off the ground and I believe that the cost was more
than $1,000,000 to fix.

--
Roger Chung-Wee <roger@concord-world-travel.co.uk>
Concord World Travel, 278 Wightman Road, London N8 0LX