Re: DC-9/MD-80 Type Certificate

From:         "J. Heilig" <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         08 Oct 96 13:00:07

Terrell D. Drinkard wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that all the MD-80/90 aircraft have the same type
> certificate as the DC-9.  Could you double check your references?

	Nope, Karl is correct.  McDD got a new type certificate for the
MD-88, and I believe that somehow they got it to cover the MD-80/81/
82/83/87 as well.  I know for sure that there were at one time two
different type certificates in force, one for DC-9s up thru (at least)
the MD-83 (DC-9-83) and one for the MD-88.  If you look at the
airworthiness certificate on the front bulkhead sometime you'll see
what it's listed as...  All of DL's are listed as TYPE:  MD-88

Cheers,

Jennings