Re: RAT

From:         "Keith R. Thompson" <keithrt@earthlink.net>
Date:         08 Oct 96 13:00:06

Tregear <ltregear@camtech.net.au> wrote in article
<airliners.1996.1949@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> I've heard the A320 has a Ram Air Turbine, that automatically ejects
> into the airstream upon engine failure.
>
> My question is where is this Ram Air Turbine positioned and how big and
> how much power does it provide?

I'm not sure about the A320, but on the A300 the RAT was located in the
right wing root and was deployed by pulling a handle located on either side
of the cockpit outboard of the Captain's and FO's seats. In a total
electrical failure scenario, the procedure at my airline was for both
pilots to pull their respective RAT handles in case the linkage from either
one failed.

--
Keith R. Thompson
keithrt@earthlink.net