Re: "Crooked 737s?"

From:         gsjames@ix.netcom.com (Gary S. James )
Date:         01 Oct 96 23:56:40

In <airliners.1996.1930@ohare.Chicago.COM> mikem727@aol.com (MikeM727)
writes:

>In article <airliners.1996.1913@ohare.Chicago.COM>, ddand@aol.com
(DDAnd)
>writes:
>
>> Is the crabbing always in the same direction?
>
>I discussed this with my Captain and we both thought it might be always
>the same direction.  But we couldn't agree which direction, so...actually
>we're not sure.  We'll have to check again next time we're behind one.

I've been looking at them more closely lately and they are not always
in the same direction nor are they weathercocking into the prevailing
wind.  If there are any 737 CA's/FO's out there, how about looking in
the manual and see if the gear has a swiveling capability?

--
Curved Air Technologies                 GSJames@ix.netcom.com
Gary S. James                           70264.2530@CompuServe.com