Re: MD-80: Lawn Dart or Efficient Design?

From:         ehahn@mallard.mitre.org (Ed Hahn)
Date:         18 Sep 96 13:52:15

"m" == MikeM727  <mikem727@aol.com> writes:

m> In article <airliners.1996.1791@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Stefano Pagiola
m> <spagiola@worldbank.org> writes:

>> MD-88 is a version with a glass cockpit.

m> Aren't there other versions with EFIS too?  I jumpseated on TWA
m> MD-8x with a glass cockpit.  I thought it was an MD-82 or 83.  I
m> don't think they have any MD-88's.

You must have flown on one of the new MD83 series that TWA received
(nose number series 94XX).

Yes, there are versions of both the MD82 and MD83 with EFIS.  American
Airlines (which has 260 of them) has about every permutation of
MD82/MD83 EFIS/nonEFIS in their fleet.

ed
--------   Ed Hahn | ehahn@mitre.org | (703) 883-5988   --------