Re: Media biasness reporting crashes?

From:         bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr (Jean-Francois Bosc)
Date:         10 Feb 96 12:30:53

In article <airliners.1996.165@ohare.Chicago.COM>, acphilli@uoguelph.ca (Adrian C Phillips) writes:
> Is it my imagination or have I really noticed the following trend.  When
> the media reports the crash of a foriegn built aircraft such as the
> recent crash in Zaire the report is "the crash of a Russian built Antonov
> aircraft" with special note of the country of manufacture.  On the other
> hand, crashes of North American built aircraft state " the crash of a
> Boeing 757" with no mention of the country of manufacture.

Wow, what a happy country you live in !
Well, maybe one reason is that everybody know that Boeing is US.

Just wanted to put another perspective on biased reports : here in France,
when a foreign plane crashes, the report takes 2 minutes.
When an Airbus crashes, all previous crashes are listed and the
journalist insists that "although the plane has been declared innocent
a debate remains open in a couple of cases" (which, from a technical
point of view, is false).

JF

--
Jean-Francois Bosc (bosc@eis.enac.dgac.fr)