From:         "J. Heilig" <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         18 Sep 96 13:50:35

>From a regulatory standpoint, if the '747-700' has a totally new wing
and a totally new fuselage, how can it be certified on the 747 type
certificate?  Of course, I'm wondering the same thing about the new
737s.  They are exactly like the old 737 family except for the wing,
tail, engines, landing gear, systems, horizontal tail, vertical fin,
and other 'bits'.  Looks to me like the only thing they share in
common with a 737-300/400/500 is the basic fuselage shell...

Just curious..

Jennings Heilig