Re: Media biasness reporting crashes?

From:         fredch@hpfcla.fc.hp.com (Fred Christiansen)
Date:         10 Feb 96 12:30:52

Adrian C Phillips (acphilli@uoguelph.ca) wrote:
> Is it my imagination or have I really noticed the following trend.  When
> the media reports the crash of a foriegn built aircraft such as the
> recent crash in Zaire the report is "the crash of a Russian built Antonov
> aircraft" with special note of the country of manufacture.  On the other
> hand, crashes of North American built aircraft state " the crash of a
> Boeing 757" with no mention of the country of manufacture.

The reasons could be dastardly or they could be transparent.  Among simple
reasons one could propose:  The media's audience is presumed to know
that Boeings are made in the USA, while they might not know where Antonovs
are made.
--
Fred Christiansen, a Canajan (Eh?) and HP-ite in Colorado
  Business: Web: http://venoms.fc.hp.com/~fredch/    Email: fredch@fc.hp.com