Re: Delta Flt 1288

From:         Steve Lacker <slacker@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date:         17 Sep 96 02:24:42

=
> >longer path)? Any numbers as to the thrust reduction? What about life
> >cycle of the engine- ie operating temperatures, loadings, etc. as compared
> >to the outboards?
>
> The #2 engine on the 727 and L-1011 are identical to the wing (POD)
> engines and are fully interchangable between al three positions.

I know that the engines are identical. Let me re-state the question: "does the
engine installed in the #2 position suffer a performance degradation due to the
presence of the S-duct?"

--
Steve Lacker	/	Applied Research Laboratories, The University of Texas
512-835-3286	/	PO Box 8029, Austin TX 78713-8029