From:         psagdeo@aol.com (Psagdeo)
Date:         17 Sep 96 02:24:41
Followups:    1 2 3

Here is my $0.02 worth on this topic.  Remember the 767-X.  It was never a
767-X.  It was 777 to start with.  Boeing marketing geniuses did not want
any of their competitors to think that the company was coming up with a
totally new very large twin engined aircraft that could dominate the
segment left open between the 767and the 747.  Boeing 747-500/600/(700,
800, whatever) are in my judgement the same ploy.  The company has been
working on the design of a very large transport for a long time, at least
5 years, if not longer.  They will call it 787 or whatever they decide to
call a large aircraft when a major airline (United, BA, JAL, Malaysian,
take your pick) orders the first batch of aircraft.  I am pretty confident
that I will be able to say I told you so.

Pradip Sagdeo