Re: Dornier 328

From:         mikem727@aol.com (MikeM727)
Date:         13 Sep 96 03:03:38

In article <airliners.1996.1753@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Brian Harding
<brian@bfh.mv.com> writes:

>I was quite impressed with the aircraft, it seems like a nice little
>commuter. It seemed very quiet.
>I have not read or heard much about the 328. Anyone out there who could
>comment on how the 328 is doing in service, how it is to pilot or fly.

I hear that Horizon wasn't impressed with them and were getting rid of
them in favor of DHC-8's.  Apparently it is maintenance intense.  I
jumpseated on one operated by PSA (was Jetstream; USAir Express).  They
couldn't get the left prop out of feather.  That had no MX there (BWI)
either.  They deplaned us all, and the crew eventually got it to work.
Once we got going, I expected a quiet ride, but is was no quieter than the
Brasilia I used to fly.

Mike,
ATP/FE, Boeing 727
Props are for boats!