Re: Takeoff wheel spin

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:09

>I suppose the pilot could touch the brakes after
>lift off to stop the wheels from spinning.

That's fine *IF* the plane and its computers allow this to have any
effect.  Recall that at least the Fokker F100 disables the brakes
when when A/G sensors indicate the wheels are not on the ground.
This design combined with the failure of both sensors caused the
crew of a USAir F100 considerable consternation a few years ago when
then landed at Chicago O'Hare and found they had no way to stop!

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com