Re: Diesel aircraft engines

From:         mholt@freenet.vcu.edu
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:08

>       Anyway, my understanding was that the engines came out closer to the
>       end of WWII and that they (and the planes) never saw action. The larger
>       BV's were being designed and readied for dual (military and civilian)
>       use and that Lufthansa was interested in these things in a post-war
>       era. (Never could find any specifics on these aircraft/engines -- must
>       not be looking in the right places.)

Look for Wiliam Greene's "Warplanes of the Third Reich."  In
there you will find a lot of detail concerning engine
development.  I beleive it was a few models of the Ju-88 which
were diesel powered.  Right now myu copy of WotTR is still
packed up after my move....
--
Michael B. Holt    | I don't admire pets or people who tolerate
Richmond, Virginia | bad manners.