Re: Do fuel valves ice jam due to water in fuel?

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (RD Rick)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:08

In <airliners.1996.1740@ohare.Chicago.COM> gerwocii@aol.com (GERWOCII)
writes:
>It is my understanding that the fuel is heated. At what point this occurs
>I do not know. If it is heated this would prevent and water condesation
>from freezing.

I have a friend who will not take a trip over water with less than four
engines.  Of course, he is the only one I know who has been through a
dead-stick landing in a four engine plane.  One engine after another
quit, so their ski-equipped C-130 landed on the ice - in Antartica.

By the time help arrived, they had melted the ice out of the fuel
filters (fuel lines?) and were ready to take off again.  There was an
Admiral aboard pestering to help, so they had him dig a slit trench -
for a urinal.

RD