Re: SST development

From:         towolt@lerc.nasa.gov (John Wolter)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:06

Chris Stone <cstone@math.math.unm.edu> wrote:

>On an interesting note, I read in "Finansovaya Izvestiia," the Russian
>version of the Financial Times, that Boeing and the Tupolev design bureau
>are cooperating on building a next-generation SST.  Any comments or
>further info on this project?

This collaboration is taking place as part of the High Speed Research
Project, a joint NASA/industry project to put the technology in place
so that the US Aeropropulsion industry can play a major part in the
development of a future High Speed Civil Transport.

The Tupolev connection is a series of propulsion experiments being
performed on a TU-144 aircraft.  There is more info on the HSR
Propulsion Project Office webpage:

http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/HSR/

Enjoy!
--
John D. Wolter    NASA Lewis Research Center
(216) 433-3941    wolter@lerc.nasa.gov