Re: MD-80: Lawn Dart or Efficient Design?

From:         ehahn@mallard.mitre.org (Ed Hahn)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:06

In article <airliners.1996.1735@ohare.Chicago.COM> tim@me.rochester.edu (Tim Takahashi) writes:

tt> What's the fuel economy like on a MD-80/90? Better or worse than a
tt> equivalent 737? (or 727? given the length of the MD-90)

The figure that was thrown around at the airline I used to work for
was that the MD82/83 could operate many of the same routes as a B727-200
at 65% of the operating cost (i.e. pretty significant), at the expense
of 7 fewer passengers in the cabin.

ed

--------   Ed Hahn | ehahn@mitre.org | (703) 883-5988   --------