Over-head Bins

From:         Artus_R@DELETE-THISmediasoft.net (Richard Artus)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:03

  Have any airliner interior designers considered putting the overhead
bins at floor level and mounting the seats on top of those bins.
  Seems to me this would solve several problems.  One passengers would not
have to lift heavy items up into sometimes difficult overhead locations.
Also in turbulence those items that often fly out of overhead bins would
already be at floor level and possibly not nearly as much of a hazard.
  I realize making a floor level bin structurally strong enough to mount
seats on top of them would be a bit of a challenge but couldn't something
like this be done?

Dick Artus