From:         M.J.Jennings@amtp.cam.ac.uk (Michael Jennings)
Date:         07 Sep 96 17:09:01

Michael Jennings <M.J.Jennings@amtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>	The 747-500/600 are going to be launched at Farnborough. I don't
>think there is much doubt about this now. The questions ares whether the new
>757 varients are going to be launched there as well, and what Airbus is
>going to do to try to steal Boeing's thunder.

	Okay, I got that one wrong. Boeing has released lots of information
about the 747-500X/600X at Farnborough, but hasn't formally launched them,
which means they haven't got enough (any) customers to definitely sign
up for them yet. They also announced that the development cost for them
would be around $5bn, which is rather more than analysts were expecting.
(Boeing did launch the 757-300, however).

	Michael.
--
Michael Jennings
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics