From:         gfoley@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Gerard Foley)
Date:         23 Aug 96 13:45:01

  The BBC World Service had a fairly long piece today on the B747X and
A3XX.  Unhappily I did not record it, and was pretty sleepy when I
heard it.  They claimed the 747 "cross subsidized" other Boeing
aircraft.  They forecast a merger of the two French plane makers.
They thought Farnborough would be critical as to the two super-
jumbos.   I don't think the piece was very well informed, but
it was interesting that they thought the subject worth the time.

--
Gerry