Re: 737 NACA inlet with moving parts?

From:         "David K. Cornutt" <cornutt@hiwaay.net>
Date:         18 Aug 96 20:13:37
Followups:    1 2 3 4

In article <airliners.1996.1651@ohare.Chicago.COM> Keir Wallace,
keir@indo.net.id writes:
>The aircon pack inlets below the wing root also have articulated
>doors on the 73 but rather than vortex generators they have slush deflector
>doors, just to keep the parts count up. ;-)

I've read that some 737-200s were equipped for operating out
of unimproved airfields.  Supposedly, they were equipped with
(among other things) air jets at the bottoms of the nacelle
inlets, to blow debris away from the intakes.  Is this slush
deflector door part of that package?

And just how many of these "unimproved-field" -200s (if
any) did Boeing actually build?

---
David K. Cornutt, Residentially Engineered, Huntsville, AL
email: cornutt@hiwaay.net
I'm a rocket scientist.  Don't tell me what TV I must see.