Media biasness reporting crashes?

From:         acphilli@uoguelph.ca (Adrian C Phillips)
Date:         08 Feb 96 03:21:05
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5 6

Is it my imagination or have I really noticed the following trend.  When
the media reports the crash of a foriegn built aircraft such as the
recent crash in Zaire the report is "the crash of a Russian built Antonov
aircraft" with special note of the country of manufacture.  On the other
hand, crashes of North American built aircraft state " the crash of a
Boeing 757" with no mention of the country of manufacture.

If this is really a trend, what are the possible reasons for it and can
it really be justified???

--
Adrian Phillips
School of Rural Planning and Development