Re: Subsidies ...

From:         Michael Carley <mjcarley@maths.tcd.ie>
Date:         08 Feb 96 03:21:04
Followups:    1 2 3

bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr (Jean-Francois Bosc) writes:

>However, living in a country where opinions are biased the other
>way, I've heard and read many times that the only difference
>between government subsidies in Europe and the US is that
>European ones are called subsidies ...

>Any comment ?

Think of it this way---would there have been a B707
without heavy subsidy from the USAF? Does anyone
know roughly what the value of hidden subsidies to
the US aero industry from military development
contracts and NASA work is? Just wondering.

--
   "You got your highbrow funk, you got your lowbrow funk, you even
      got a little bit of your pee-wee, pow-wow funk" (Dr. John)