Re: Boeing Pronunciation

From:         simonlc@ozemail.com.au (Simon Craig)
Date:         08 Aug 96 12:11:52

>> The OFFICIAL pronunciation of our airplane family is: Seven-Oh-Seven,
>> Seven-One-Seven, Seven-Two-Seven, Seven-Three-Seven, Seven-Four-Seven,

[snip]

>   But I *have* heard the abreviated seven-seven, as in four-seven and
>five-seven.  What's in a name? :-)

I've watched a few Boeing videos (from the early 70s) that are narrated as
"seven forty seven."  No one at Qantas pronounces it like that tho, just
seven four seven, etc.  Often, we use the 1st 2 numbers as well, ie seven
four, seven three, seven six, but I have not heard the use of the last 2
numbers.

Simon Craig (QF)

--
To get random signatures put text files into a folder called 3Random Signatures2 into your Preferences folder.