Re: Boeing Pronunciation

From:         FilipPC.DeVos@rug.ac.be (Filip De Vos)
Date:         08 Aug 96 12:11:51

Karl Swartz (kls@ohare.Chicago.COM) wrote:
: >Now I have a question in a similar vein:  Is it an Em Dee Eleven?

: At the risk of opening a huge new can of worms, that's what I call it
: when I don't refer to it as a Mad Dog.  (I call the DC-10 the Death
: Crate, a name borrowed from a friend who prefers to remain anonymous.
: FBW Airbuses are Lumberjacks, which I picked up from a 737 captain --
: I'm sure she and her employer would also prefer anonymity.  Lest I be
: accused of reserving disparaging terms for non-Boeing planes, I call
: the older 747s, with the original three window configuration of the
: upper deck, Three Holers, and don't view them with very much more
: enthusiasm than a similarly named outhouse. :-) )

L-1011 : Swamp Buggy (An Eastern Tristar crashed in the Everglades)

Has anybody come up with a nick for the A320 after the accident at
Basle-Mulhouse? Or is that were the 'Lumberjack' came from? My entry :
Tree-clipper :-)

--
Filip De Vos                  Better, Faster, Cheaper means *NO SHUTTLE*
FilipPC.DeVos@rug.ac.be                 -Cathy Mancus-