Re: A few questions

From:         cra@servtech.com (Curtis R. Anderson)
Date:         10 Jan 96 02:01:41

In article <airliners.1996.5@ohare.Chicago.COM>, wilder@unixg.ubc.ca
(Kevin M. Wilder) wrote:

>	My final question has to do with the A340.  I saw an Air Canada
>A340 at the Vancouver International Airport over the holidays, and I
>noticed that both ailerons were "drooping" substantially.  (no, they were
>not the flaps, unless the A340 has flaperons) why do they do this?  I
>have not noticed this on any other aircraft.

The A340 is a fly-by-wire aircraft and its aileron surfaces are powered
individually, and the fly-by-wire computer insures the surfaces are kept
complementary. On a more traditional aircraft, there is a cable linking
both ailerons, so that their positions are always complementary under
normal circumstances.

It is supposedly a way to distinguish a fly-by-wire aircraft.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, "Official Chicken Breeder of Hill 10", SP 2.5?, KoX
URLs: http://www.servtech.com/public/cra/ mailto:cra@servtech.com