Re: barrel roll in 727 ?!!

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         05 Aug 96 04:21:21

In article <airliners.1996.1547@ohare.Chicago.COM> Mark Ingram <markt@mickey.mo-net.com> writes:
>As another "airliners" respondent has said, the crew was ACCUSED of doing
>this.  There NEVER was any proof that they actually did so, however, and
>in fact, over several months of intense, many-on-one interrogation, the
>three pilots stuck by their vehement denial of having manipulated any
>controls or circuit breakers in violation of TWA procedures.

As far as I can tell, the original report was not superseded.  Yet I
distinctly remember some "retrospectives" in Air Line Pilot (the ALPA
rag) in which ALPA claimed victory in getting some kind of reversal on
this.  Does anyone know whether the NTSB reversed itself without replacing
the original findings?

                                       ftp://wilbur.pr.erau.edu/pub/av