Re: Boeing Pronunciation

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         05 Aug 96 04:21:19
Followups:    1 2 3 4

>Now I have a question in a similar vein:  Is it an Em Dee Eleven?

At the risk of opening a huge new can of worms, that's what I call it
when I don't refer to it as a Mad Dog.  (I call the DC-10 the Death
Crate, a name borrowed from a friend who prefers to remain anonymous.
FBW Airbuses are Lumberjacks, which I picked up from a 737 captain --
I'm sure she and her employer would also prefer anonymity.  Lest I be
accused of reserving disparaging terms for non-Boeing planes, I call
the older 747s, with the original three window configuration of the
upper deck, Three Holers, and don't view them with very much more
enthusiasm than a similarly named outhouse. :-) )

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com