Re: O'Hare -> Hong Kong Non-Stop

From:         Jim Ballentine <jballent@cl.oracle.com>
Date:         04 Aug 96 16:44:59

lstone@interserve.com (Larry Stone) wrote:

>Apparently, one fuel saving technique being used is the plane is towed to
>the runway and engines started in the runup area.

I've always wondered why airports don't provide towing service to/from
the runway. It seems that a lot of fuel is wasted having airplanes taxing
all over the ground under their own power. Can anybody provide some
numbers as to how much (in gallons and/or $) this costs?

--
Jim B.

 	The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
	do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.