From:         brians368@aol.com (Brian S368)
Date:         04 Aug 96 16:44:55

Michael Leduc wrote:

>That may be true, but one must not extend the wing too much [on the
747-400]. >The maximum wing span has just about been reached for
commercial aircraft,
>for the time being.  Extending the wing size would mean new airport
>terminal design for nose-in-gate positioning or parking the aircraft
>out on an apron and using shuttle busses.

What about the much-publicized fold up wing design optioned on the 777?
It is already in use with military jet (to save room on aircraft carriers,
I think).  I don't think it has been ordered by any 777 purchaser (too
much extra $, unneeded?). The fold up wing would seem to solve the
problem.

"Always remember - you are unique, just like everyone else"

BrianS368@aol.com