Re: Gliders and Radar

From:         Joe Curry <ability@zetnet.co.uk>
Date:         29 Jul 96 13:24:42

In message <airliners.1996.1412@ohare.Chicago.COM>
        faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure) writes:

> In article <airliners.1996.1142@ohare.Chicago.COM>, ability@zetnet.co.uk
> (Joe Curry) wrote:

> no transponder code or anything.  I suppose with the newer technology
> that's in the centers today this wouldn't be as much of a problem, but if
> they still drop signals moving less than 50 mph from the scopes, that
> could make a glider invisible on radar.  If that's the case, the only
> solution would be to install a transponder on the glider.

I received an email from ATC at a UK airport and it suggested that had
a good arrangement with their local gliding club. What it meant of course
was they had agreed to keep out of the way. I prefer the above solution from
C. Marin. Faure. What would it cost to install anyway?

--
ability@zetnet.co.uk              _|_                 Joe Curry
>From the shadow of North Berwick Law in East Lothian,"Bonnie Scotland"
Edinburgh Airport is the UK's fastest growing.Insist on flights to EDI.
Museum of Flight.http://www.nms.ac.uk.Inventory includes the Comet 4c.