Re: Boeing Pronunciation

From:         "David K. Cornutt" <cornutt@hiwaay.net>
Date:         29 Jul 96 13:24:40

In article <airliners.1996.1381@ohare.Chicago.COM> McElravy,
cpa1@penn.com writes:
>Is there any "official" way to  pronounce these planes? I always pronounce
>them "seven-oh-seven, seven-thirty-seven, seven-forty-seven, etc., etc."
>The only plane I use the Boeing method for is the 777, which is the
>"triple-seven", or "seven-seven-seven" to me, because "seven-seventy-seven"
>sounds dorky. Should I mend my ways?

The way you describe is how the Boeing people that I know
do it: "seven-twenty-seven", "seven-thirty-seven", etc.  The
exception is the 777 for which they prefer "seven-seven-seven".
Also, I went through the Everett tour last year, and this is
how they did it.

Now: does anyone know how to pronounce "Boeing 314"? :-)

---
David K. Cornutt, Residentially Engineered, Huntsville, AL
email: cornutt@hiwaay.net
I'm a rocket scientist.  Don't tell me what TV I must see.