Re: Delta Flt 1288

From:         FilipPC.DeVos@rug.ac.be (Filip De Vos)
Date:         29 Jul 96 02:29:39

Steve Lacker (slacker@arlut.utexas.edu) wrote:
: >Back to the JT8D, it's also on first generation 737s (-100 and -200)
: >and the rare Dassault Mercure.  I think some Caravelles had them
: >instead of RR Avons, but my references don't support that.  Maybe it
: >was just a test.

: At one time, I read that the JT8D was the most widely used single type of
: turbofan in the world.

The Saab Viggen also uses a version of the JT8D, with a specially designed
afterburner added. It's called Volvo Flugmotor RM8B (ReactionMoter 8B).

--
Filip De Vos                  Better, Faster, Cheaper means *NO SHUTTLE*
FilipPC.DeVos@rug.ac.be                 -Cathy Mancus-