Re: barrel roll in 727 ?!!

From:         Pete Mellor <pm@csr.city.ac.uk>
Date:         29 Jul 96 02:29:37

Daan Vlaskamp <vlaskamp@cuci.nl> asks on Mon Jul 22 10:11:29 1996:-

> Never heard that story before. Do you have more information about this
> "incident" ?

Not about that one, but some time last year I posted an
anecdote that I read in "Bravo Two Zero" (about the botched
SAS operation behind the lines in the Gulf War). According
to the author ("Andy McNab" - a nom-de-plume), who was in
charge of the raid, after he and the other survivors were
released from the Iraqi prison where they had been held, they
were flown home in a B727. They were escorted by RAF fighters,
horsing around all over the place in jubilation. To show the
RAF exhibitionists what he could do, the captain of the 727
promptly executed a neat barrel roll.

Peter Mellor, Centre for Software Reliability, City University, Northampton
Square, London EC1V 0HB, UK. Tel: +44 (171) 477-8422, Fax: +44 (171) 477-8585
E-mail: p.mellor@csr.city.ac.uk